Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine's Day Freebie

Well... love it or hate, Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  Strange things happen in a high-school on Valentine's Day.... and it seems that at some point in the day I find someone in tears. (Usually a girl... upset with a boy, who has quite likely forgotten or didn't understand that he should have done something to mark the occasion.) 

Teen love is so sweet and so hard to understand sometimes.  Today, I had a student tell me that she and her boyfriend had been together almost two years and were sooooo excited to celebrate their anniversary.  Being polite, I asked when their "anniversary" was.  I'm proud to say that I didn't burst out laughing when she said excitedly "Oh... it's October 18th".   Just goes to show it's all about perspective!

Here's a Valentine's Day Freebie to start off the Valentine's Day Season.  A fun writing prompt, poetry starter, art project or just as classroom decor! 

Thanks!
Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment