Sunday, May 27, 2012

Year In Review Top 10 Lists

I know that many of you might already be finished the school year... but I've still got 5 weeks to go! As I start to wrap things up with my students I always get reflective about the year and think back to our highs and our lows as a class. 

A fun activity I like to do with my students is to have them create Top 10 Lists for their year.  This week, I'm going to have my students create a Top 10 List of Things They've Learned in the class.  First, I'll have them create the list individually and then I'll ask them to work in groups of 3-4 and decide the 10 biggest ideas or concepts they've learned as a class.  It's a wonderful way to get students thinking about what may be on their final exam, as the exam relates to the BIG IDEAS.  As a teacher it's also an excellent way for me to check that what I've taught them comes through on their lists... hopefully, our lists aren't too far apart!

I've created a FUN FREEBIE with worksheets for you to work through your own Top 10 Lists with your students.  I've included the following worksheets:
  • Top 10 Things I've Learned
  • Top 10 Pieces of Advice (for next year's students)
  • Top 10 School Moments
  • Top 10 Life Moments
  • A paragraph worksheet for students to explain their top three picks from one of their lists.
  • Worksheets come in full & half size!

I've done this activity with several age groups and I've always loved what's come of it! The discussions are fabulous to listen to and I always have a bit of a giggle when I read their "Top 10 Pieces of Advice" list! Always a great way to get a true sense of what your students really think!  

Click the images to download a FREE copy!





You can also download these from TpT by clicking HERE.


Hope you have fun with these!
Addie


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment