Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Poetry Terms Freebie

In honor of World Poetry Day on March 21st I thought I'd post a quick review activity for poetry terms / figurative language.

You can use this worksheet as review for a quiz or as an introduction to poetry terms (just work on one term at a time).

I often have the students work on their own examples and write them on the board at the front of the room.  My students (I've done this with grades 8-12) love the chance to write on the board and share their poetry prowess with others.  I usually have 4-5 whiteboard pens out at a time and once a student has written their example on the board, they must pass the pen to a new student.  There's less pressure on the students if there's more than one person writing on the board at the same time, and they can write their ideas anonymously.  I usually end up with a giant free-flowing board of really great examples and the kids love to read what others have come up with.

Have fun!


Thanks,
Addie

**Check out the ESOL Odyssey for a fun Linky Party for National Poetry Month.  Lots of great FREE and paid products linked up.




No comments:

Post a Comment