Friday, March 23, 2012

Wow... I Can't Believe It!

This week I was so excited to find out that my blog was named one of Education World's Top 25 Blogs for Educators 2012!  Never, in a million years did I think my blog would make the list... in fact when I saw my blog name in print I just about choked on my juice!  I had to close down the webpage and re-open it just in case my eyes had failed me.... or I was seeing things.

There are some amazing and inspirational blogs on the list and I'm truly in fantastic company... so if you've got some time to do some "blog-hopping" I encourage you to check them out.  You can see the list HERE.


Although I'm fairly new to the blogging world, I'm amazed at the world that's been opened up to me! I've got friends from all over the world who share ideas, stories and tips with me and other teachers.  Not only that, but I really believe it's made me a better teacher in the classroom...  I discover something new for my classroom almost weekly.  My high school seniors never know what to expect when they come into class as I often try lessons or techniques with them. (Often it's an "Elementary" idea that with some tweaking, works really well with my older students.)

I'd also like to do a special blog "shout-out" to my blogging "teacher" who has taught me and many others so much about blogging and social networking.  Please check out Charity Preston's Organized Classroom Blog when you get a chance - it's a great blog full of teacher tips and ideas.  

AND... if you're thinking about starting your own blog Charity runs an amazing program called Teaching Blog Traffic School where you can learn all the tricks of the trade, network with an incredible group of educators, get support when you need it and quite often share in a laugh or two. 

Thanks so much!
Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment